There’s nothing like a festive bev to snap us into the holiday spirit! Whether you’re a social drinker, a celebratory sipper, or just need a stiff one to get you through the holidays (without being stiff yourself!), we’ve got the spirit for you. If you’re a non-drinker, or a minor, don’t fret, we have something sweet for you to sip too! Raise a glass and celebrate life – and do it well.
1. Biodynamic and Organic Wine. Connect with friends (and the environment) over a bottle of carefully blended local (to us at least) wine from SouthBrook Vineyards, that is made with organically grown grapes, and is also certified biodynamic. Bonus: bottles are made from glass from our local Bag-it-Back program.
2. (Egg-free) Eggnog Smoothie. This vegan eggnog is creamy, delicious, and can be enjoyed spiked with a little (or a lot) of brandy, or sans booze for all of the non-drinkers. Finally, a delicious “eggnog” the entire family can (and will) enjoy!
3. Hard Tonica. Tonica’s bubbly cultured blends are the perfect mixer for your holiday cocktails. Their Kombucha is a natural liver cleanser, filled with antioxidants and organic ingredients, and just happens to taste great both on its own and paired with organic tequila.
4. Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Stars. This warm sipper is as beautiful as it is delicious. Heavenly, peppermint, coconut stars floating in a dreamy cup of Chocosol’s drinking chocolate. Good luck trying to wait to drink it long enough to snap a photo!
5. Coconut Water Martini. This is our own simple recipe that we were inspired to create one evening with friends, with ingredients we had laying around, and it has now become one of our beloved go-tos. Take some coconut water, add a splash of vodka, and a squeeze of organic lemon juice, garnish with a twist of lemon zest, et voila, instant crowd pleaser. Rim the glass with coconut for a special wintery effect!
For more beverage inspiration, follow Lisa on instagram as she posts her favourite drinks from time to time, and enjoy all of the holiday cheers with good friends and good family!