Even if a big family getaway isn’t in the plans, it doesn’t mean you have to miss out on making memories together, getting pampered or relieving stress. Creating your own spa staycation can bring you all of those benefits (without the hassles of travel!). So stay in your robes and slippers, dim the lights, turn on some relaxing tunes, and set the mood for a day of relaxation with your loved ones.
1. Mini Manis. There are few luxuries more relaxing than a great mani-pedi, but it’s even more relaxing when you don’t have to worry about winter driving, toxic fumes, or ruining your polish when you step into your boots to leave the spa. Take turns giving each other great hand and foot massages, and painting each other’s nails- just make sure that what you’re putting on your nails is safe. Dazzle your digits with cruelty free polishes that are made without harsh chems, like HopScotch and Scotch.
2. Bend and Stretch. Get your zen on with some yoga on a family of Affirmats. Line up these beautiful, non-slip mats in your home, and yogis of all ages can reach for another level of awareness, or simply work out on a really sweet mat. They’re made from high quality, eco-friendly materials, and the inspiring messages on them will bring positivity into your consciousness and your home.
3. Smell great, don’t stink! We try to keep synthetic fragrances as far away as possible, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy a beautiful scent as much as the next person. A subtle hint of a great natural scent made with safe ingredients can leave a long lasting impression, without any long lasting health concerns. Making your own is as simple as adding a couple drops of your favourite blend of pure essential oils to miniOrganics Superfine Jojoba Oil, and you have an instant (and easy!) custom, homemade perfume that is great for you and those closest to you. Or rub worldCANDY all over for a citrus blast!
4. Massage Train. Rub away each other’s tension or stress with a silky smooth body oil that leaves you all feeling peaceful, and your skin hydrated (but not greasy!). Graydon’s Clinical Luxury by Nature All over Body Oil is perfect for massages, treating dry skin, and calming you with a pure blend of lavender, chamomile, and sandalwood.
5. Spa Lunch. What’s a spa day without some fresh organic fruits and vegetables, lemon water, and herbal teas? Ask everyone to choose their favourite healthy ingredients, and enjoy preparing a meal together that’s sure to nourish everyone’s body, mind, and soul.
“There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.” ― Jane Austen