It’s no secret that Meghan Telpner is a client of mine, but what you might not have the pleasure of knowing, is how incredible she is to work with on an ongoing basis. For those of you who don’t know Meghan personally, she is EXACTLY as she seems to be. And, that is precisely what makes my job of helping her market herself and develop her business, super easy – and colourfully fun. It doesn’t hurt that I live and eat in a very similar way to Meghan, minus the flowers and yellow tights, plus 3 kids.
Meghan has coined the term UnDiet – you’ve seen her book, right? And yes, I believe that it is good business to coin a term – it’s not easy, but it is worth it. Want to know how Meghan is able to “own” her term, UnDiet, and make it stick?
Here are 10 (of the many) reasons:
1. UnDiet is a fuschia coloured lens in which to imagine and picture a healthier self and world. Meghan’s audience can focus on this simple, happy idea and make new connections – this makes it a lot easier for them to understand her persuasive argument for living life according to her creed.
3. UnDiet is a strongly persuasive term and a “tool” that is convincing people to think about concepts and ideas differently. We are being inspired by Meghan to come up with new ways to live life in our own best way. There’s nothing like empowerment to spark a revolution.
4. UnDiet focuses Meghan’s audience. People are automatically associating what Meghan talks about with UnDiet – their own version of it, not just hers.
5. Meghan has literally framed her way of life and as such, it is all packaged up and is ready to be appreciated and shared…easily.
6. Meghan identified challenges in our world, and didn’t just talk about the problems, she created the solution.
7. The term Meghan has coined is simple to understand – Un + Diet – two concepts that someone walking by a huge stack of her books (selling quickly!) at stores, will automatically process individually and together as “We don’t need to diet”, or “This is not a diet”, or “I don’t like diets either”…and so on. It’s something most of us can buy into…including many other “experts” in the field.
8. Meghan has made her term a noun, a verb and an adjective. She uses the hashtag widely on twitter and instagram, but, more impressively, others are too. It’s catchy, it’s easy to use, and simple to explain and share. Cheers for a healthy trend in social media.
9. UnDiet stems from Meghan’s own life story, and her important work over the years – it’s authentic. She has not lucked into anything, she has worked hard for this, continuously, and continues to evolve, so this is just the beginning for UnDiet.
I encourage you to coin your own term or phrase – it’s a lot of work, but it’s of immense value, and it’s meaningful. Let Meghan Telpner inspire you, and let UnDiet push you (nicely) to lead your own best life.
Here’s to UnDiet meaning the world to our health, and to our healthier world, and to it bringing a new level of success to Meghan’s business and brand.
Today is the Day. Make it happen. ~Meghan Telpner, UnDiet