We’ve been underplaying the possible dangers from cell phones for too long. The entire industry is currently (and has been) hard at work, manipulating science to stave off being regulated and having to issue warnings.
Cell phones are even more dangerous for our kids than they are for us, as adults. Just think of how much smaller they are and how much they absorb relative to us! Israel now requires WARNINGS on Cell Phones – you can read more about it, and lots more about the dangers from Environmental Health Trust.
And, the dangers are not limited to cell phones…it’s also our laptops, microwaves, iPads, and all Wi-Fi everywhere. But, this is our reality, so should we just accept it all? There are simple precautions you can take while the industry tries to shield you from the truth rather than the radiation…and that’s what we all need to focus on for our families. Right now.
To minimize the risks and dangers for you and your kids, start by:
1. Not allowing your kids to play your cell phone as a toy.
2. Not attaching your cell phone to your body or carrying it around in your pocket (even when it’s not in use, it emits radiation).
3. Using these Radiation Protection Tools.
4. Using speakers or earphones to minimize your distance and exposure. I use the earphones from Thinksound as they are PVC-free among other great eco-factors.
5. Turning off your Wi-Fi at night if you have it in your home – you might be sleeping, but your devices are still emitting radiation.
6. Googling, reading and researching the studies that are out there – being informed is the best thing you can do to make the best decision for you and your family! You can also read my book The Alphabet of Avoidance, which includes information about the above, as well as examples of what to avoid for every letter of the alphabet, solutions and take-action recommendations for campaigns to join, websites to visits, and suggested product.
Please remember, precaution IS prevention.