I switched from dryer sheets to dryer balls a long time ago – Fabric softeners and dryer sheets contain some not-so snuggly ingredients that are doing a lot of harm to our health and even our planet! Although these products are marketed to make us believe that the warm fuzzy bunnies, teddy bears, or babies are safe and comforting, we often overlook the fine print telling us that they contain hazardous chemicals. Using dryer balls means you can ditch the softeners and dryer sheets. Dryer balls reduce drying time by pulling apart clothing to increase surface area during the drying process, and they reduce static cling.
[inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=”via @bordenteam”]Not all dryer balls are created equal.[/inlinetweet]
Unfortunately, some dryer balls are made of PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) – a plastic that’s toxic in production and environmentally tricky to dispose of. To soften PVC, companies add chemical additives. So, maybe we shouldn’t be heating them up in the dryer and letting them roll around our clothing, towels, and bedding!
Wool dryer balls present a PVC-free option, but even wool is often cleaned with harsh chemicals, and may come from sheep raised in industrial farming conditions.
Choose dryer balls made with organic, ethically sourced wool.
They really do exist! (Well, we couldn’t find any, so we made them ourselves). They’re chemical free, made from the wool of happy sheep, and reduce static cling and drying time.
We created and believe in BaaLLS for many reasons:
- They reduce drying time by 40% for a full load
- They reduce static cling
- They soften clothesw
- No chemicals have been used on these dryer balls, so there’s no residue left on clothing to be released into the air
- They’re unscented (but can be infused with your favourite essential oil easily)
- They’re made from 100% Certified Organic Wool (which doesn’t harbor bacteria)
- They’re great for people with sensitive skin and eco-intelligent citizens
- BaaLLS are lovingly handmade in North America
- The 100% Organic Cotton drawstring bag is devotedly handcrafted in Canada
Breathe easy, knowing your clothes are really clean.