Brands with big values are starting to line the shelves of big box grocery stores too – without having to compromise on their quality or their standards.
Since every dollar is a vote for something, let’s vote for our health, small businesses that care, a better system for all, and our local economy. Show your support for well labelled, well intentioned, quality brands.
Whether you’re looking for vegan, organic, gluten-free, local, whole-food, nut-free, or all of the above, there are awesome small businesses in stores now that match your values. Some of our favourite Canadian businesses include:
- Yoso dairy-free yogurts and cream cheese
- Sweets From the Earth cakes, cookies, bars, and loaves
- RawFoodz salad dressings, dips, and spreads
- New Moon Kitchen cookies, and granola
- Kaslo Pasta organic, sourdough pasta
- The Healthy Crunch kale chips (totally nut-free!)
- Good Food for Good Indian curry and Mexican sauces
- Chocosol chocolate bars
- And Neal Brothers tortilla chips, salsa, pasta sauces, and more.
If there’s a brand you wish were on shelves at your local store, contact the store and request the items you love (don’t forget to link to specific products)! Read labels, ask questions, and support the good!