Candles signify happy occasions: birthdays, holidays, family Shabbat gatherings, and more. They smell nice, they brighten up any celebration, and they can certainly set a mood.
Not all candles are created equal.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of candles contain ingredients we’d rather not fill our homes or celebrations with. Many contain paraffin (the final by-product in the petroleum refining chain) which release carcinogens when burned, lead – which is also dangerous when burned and inhaled, artificial fragrances which harm our planet and bodies, toxic colourants, and pesticides that contaminate ingredients like conventional beeswax!
Choose organic candles, made from clean ingredients, with healthy wicks.
When it comes to things we burn and inhale, it’s so important to stick to clean, organic ingredients. Don’t you think that will be much more calming to your body, mind, and soul?
We created and believe in Orb Candles for many reasons:
- They’re made from 100% organic manuka beeswax – the purest and most natural of all waxes. Organic Manuka Beeswax burns cleanly, and actually purifies the air, improving indoor air quality, while giving off a beautiful, warm glow.
- Orb wicks are made from 100% cotton (plus, no wire or lead!), that is safe for your health and our planet.
- They burn for 4 to 6 hours – perfect for long, warm gatherings.
- Beeswax, when burned, emits negative ions. Negative ions circulate the room neutralizing the positive static charge that keeps contaminants airborne. When this charge is neutralized, the contaminants – dust, odours, mold, pollen, viruses and other toxins – fall to the floor.
- Organic beeswax candles improve your sleep, provide relief from allergies and hay fever, and can cause less severe asthma attacks. It can also improve concentration, aid in natural detoxification and add a sense of well being.
- While the 100% Organic Manuka Beeswax comes from New Zealand, Orb Candles are Canadian made.
Shine a light on your health and our planet.
Find other candles we appreciate in The Wellness Intelligence Collective.
For more of our lessons in Empathy Economics click here.